New year, new resolutions. Maybe not so new… healthy eating, go to the gym, lose weight…you get my point. doB wants to share a few of our favorite pizza recipes that will keep you from breaking your resolution.
Celebrate America’s favorite food, but feel good about it and stay guilt free.
Individual Vegetable Pizza
Perfect for those of you that are picky eaters or even if you’re cooking for one, these individual pizzas are packed with veggies and healthy alternatives.
· 1 red pepper, julienne
· 1 yellow pepper, julienne
· 1 zucchini, julienne
· 1 yellow squash, julienne
· 1 red onion, julienne
· 1 cup domestic mushrooms, sliced
· ½ cup garlic, chopped
· 1 teaspoon dry oregano
· ½ teaspoon black peppercorns, ground
· 4 tablespoons tofu Parmesan
· 1 cup fat free mozzarella
· 8 Pritikin Pizza dough frozen
· 1 cup marinara sauce
· Mix all vegetables with oregano, garlic & pepper.
· Steam for 1 minute and let cool.
· Add 2 tablespoons of sauce on each dough and spread out.
· Layer even amounts of vegetables on each.
· Sprinkle with Parmesan & mozzarella.
· Bake at 450 degrees until crust is crunchy (about 8 minutes).
· Serve immediately.
- ¼ cup chopped garlic
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 pounds fresh spinach
- ½ teaspoon Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1 pound fat-free ricotta cheese
- Whole wheat pizza crust
- In a medium-hot skillet, sauté garlic and shallots until translucent.
- Add spinach, stirring until the spinach breaks down.
- Remove from heat. Let cool. Drain liquid by squeezing through a strainer.
- Mix in Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning and fat-free ricotta cheese.
- Spread over whole wheat pizza crust and add any additional vegetables.
- Bake at 450 degrees until crust is crunchy (about 8 minutes).
- Serve immediately.
* Make your own Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning by blending granulated onion, granulated garlic, salt-free lemon pepper, and paprika. Or purchase our chefs’ Pritikin All-Purpose Seasoning, made in the kitchen at the Pritikin Longevity Center.