The holiday season brings more than just love, snow, presents and cookies. You can’t forget about all the parties! Getting to spend time eating, drinking and laughing with friends is unforgettable, but for some of us, those aren’t the only parties we have to attend. You can’t forget about the thoughtfully organized office party! Most times, you have to go right from work to the venue and you’re a bit rushed. Going home and changing is just about all you have time for, but if you can find five minutes to spare, you can successfully take your office makeup to party chic.
Here are five incredibly simple steps to spark up your makeup so it’s party-worthy:
- Blot it! Go in with either a piece of toilet paper or blotting wipes and give your face a quick wipe. Aim for your oily spots! This will get rid of any grease you’ve built up throughout the day, and excess makeup sitting on your face. Neutrogena makes great Shine-Control Blotting Sheets ($6.99). I always keep them in my purse.
- Touch up! Use your favorite foundation to go in and touch up any blemishes that came uncovered throughout the day. Once you’ve finished your touch ups, swipe some more blush on. You’ll save yourself some time if you choose a long-wear foundation, much like MAC’s Prolong Concealer ($18). Coming from personal experience, your skin will stay covered all day!
- Intensify it! Seeing as you were at work all day, you probably had on neutral eye makeup, so just add some of your favorite chocolate brown or charcoal grey to the crease of your eyelid. Don’t even worry about taking off your soft shade you’ve had on all day because you can simply blend the two together. Add a little eyeliner—maybe even go for a cat eye with some liquid liner on your top lid and a fresh coat of mascara.
- Pucker up! Pick your favorite lipstick to pair with your outfit and confidently smear it on. If you chose to go with an incredibly intense eye, don’t choose a dramatic lip color. It’s the holidays, so I’d say go with a red hue! My personal favorite is “Hot” by Covergirl LipPerfection Lipcolor ($6.99). And since it’s a party, top your lips off with a little gloss.
- Shimmer it! No party is complete without a little sparkle. If you have a favorite shimmer, go ahead and apply it to the tops of your cheekbones and just above the crease of your eyelid. Not everyone owns shimmer, so if you’re looking for one, try Victoria Secret’s All-Over Shimmer Powder ($14).