Ever since college when my first red lacy panties from Victoria Secret were a hit with my French TA, I’ve been a fan of adding hints of fiery colors. Prada loafers, anyone? No surprise then that this recipe featuring red peppers really rings my bell because they’re packed with Vitamin C. That nutrient promotes collagen production and helps fight free radical damage to the cells, which is what ages the skin. So fire up this recipe and pull out those fiery undies for a hot date night.
• 6 orange and red peppers(1 green for good luck)
• 1 lb. turkey meat
• ½ cup bulgur
• 1 small onion chopped
• 3 cloves minced garlic
• 3 Tsp. Worcestershire sauce
• 1 Tsp. salt
• 1 Tsp. Pepper
• 1/3 cup feta cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook for 45 minutes
1. Cook Quinoa per directions. Add ½ cup grain to 2 cups of water. Boil and them simmer until water is gone.
2. Combine ground turkey, cooked bulgur, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and feta.
3. Cut the top off the pepper and remove inside. Portion the mixture into each pepper and place in a Pyrex glass-baking dish. Sprinkle feta cheese on top if desired. Serve with Low salt tomato sauce or fire roasted diced tomato.
Dishin’ Tip – The Environmental Working Group, a consumer advocate and protection non-profit research organization, listed bell peppers testing positive for up to 15 pesticides on a single sample, on their 2012 Shopper’s Guide. Go Organic or at the very least, wash them well in a fruit and vegetable wash. Still the perfect snack with high nutritional impact.